Medication for Allergic Reaction
Allergy treatments that are given may differ depending on the type of allergy you have and the severity of your condition. For allergies that are not severe, over-the-counter medications can be purchased to help treat your allergies. However, if you suffer from a severe allergic reaction, it is best to consult your allergist.
Brazos Valley Allergy & Asthma Clinics offers a wide variety of services including allergy and asthma treatments for patients. There are many allergy treatments and medications available that could help relieve your pain. Some of these include:
- Antihistamines - These drugs are used to decrease the effects of histamine which causes allergy symptoms when it binds to receptors on certain cells in the body. This medicine is for treating allergy symptoms such as watery eyes, sneezing, and runny nose.
- Nasal Steroids Aerosols - Just like antihistamines, these are used to treat allergy symptoms which includes watery eyes, sneezing, and runny nose. They work by reducing inflammation and mucus in the nasal passageways.
- Natural Sinus Infection Protocol - Dr. Jantzi's holistic 3-step sinus infection protocol offers a natural way to relieve symptoms and eliminate the infection, without the need for antibiotics.
- Antibiotics - These types of drugs are given to provide symptomatic relief, especially with sinus infections that may be triggered by allergies.
- Inhaled Asthma Medications - These medications help normalize the mucus you produce, your airway hypersensitivity, and the swelling and tightening of your bronchial tubes.
What are the Advantages of Taking Allergy Medication?
An advanced allergy medication intake can help lessen the severity of your symptom, especially when you're expecting allergy season. This allergy pretreatment will prevent inflammation by blocking your histamine receptors so it won't bind with the cell. You can expect no symptom to a lesser allergic reaction than usual.
Being able to track your symptoms and the side effects of your medication can help you have long lasting allergy or asthma relief. It is important that you know when to adjust your medications and to recognize when to see asthma and allergy doctor.
Dr. Paul Jantzi, a board-certified allergist and immunologist, provides the best allergy treatment in Texas with office locations in Bastrop, Brenham, College Station, Columbus, Giddings, and La Grange. You can contact him at any of the Brazos Valley Allergy & Asthma Clinics for professional allergy, asthma, and immunology services to patients at six locations throughout the Brazos Valley. They provide the best care and affordable antibiotics for patients.